2013 GOLF FIXTURES: The Faldo Series has announced its UK Golfing Schedule for 2013
Thursday, 15 November 2012
The Faldo Series has announced its UK schedule for 2013 with a reduced entry fee for the second successive year that the six-time Major winner hopes will further increase the accessibility of its tournaments to young golfers of all backgrounds.
“Thanks to continued support from our partners, including The R&A, the European Tour and ISPS we are able to reduce the UK entry fee for a second successive year and make the Faldo Series even more accessible,” said Sir Nick Faldo. “As a registered charity, the Series aims to bring opportunity to talented young golfers, regardless of background, so I hope that by further reducing the financial burden on competitors and their parents, even more youngsters can benefit.”
“We have been pleased to support Sir Nick, a three-time Open Champion, since he launched the Faldo Series in 1996,” commented Alison White, Assistant Director of Golf Development at The R&A. “Nick’s efforts match The R&A’s commitment to golf development, not only in the UK but also across Europe, Asia and South America where the Faldo Series is active. We applaud his efforts over the past two years to make the Series even more accessible to young golfers in the UK.”
After a successful 2012, the UK schedule for 2013 features the same eight championship courses across England, Scotland and Wales. For an entry fee of GBP 45, boys and girls aged 12 to 21 will play one practice round and two tournament rounds at their chosen venue. The five age-group winners at each tournament – three boys and two girls – will join the former world number one at the 17th Faldo Series Europe Grand Final.
A new entry format is also in place to allow players more time to enter those tournaments later in the season. The first four events on the schedule – Moortown (April 3-4), West Lancs (April 10-11), Royal Ashdown Forest (April 23-24) and Trentham (May 28-29), all in England and all Open Championship qualifying venues – are open for entry until February 22. The second four events – Panmure (June 26-27) in Scotland, Old Fold Manor (July 1-2) near London, Pyle and Kenfig (July 9-10) in Wales and Hollinwell in Nottinghamshire (August 20-21) – are open for entry until May 24.
The 2012 Faldo Series Europe schedule featured a record 20 tournaments in 14 countries including six in England plus others in Bahrain, Ireland, Chile, the Czech Republic, Greece, Wales, Austria, Brazil, Germany, The Netherlands, Scotland, Slovakia and Russia. A full European schedule for 2013 will be announced in the coming weeks.
Established in 1996, 40 Faldo Series tournaments now take place in 30 countries worldwide with more than 7,000 golfers participating each year. Past winners include Major Champions and current world number ones Rory McIlroy and Yani Tseng.
Golfers born in 1992 or later wishing to enter a 2013 Faldo Series UK Championship should visit www.nickfaldo.com. or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow the Faldo Series on Facebook at www.facebook.com/faldoseries. and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/faldoseries.
Next » Editors Choice
- The Players Championship 2013 Prize money, Payouts, Purse, Winnings, Earnings, Money List &c.
- 2013 THE PLAYERS Championship Leaderboard is led by Roberto Castro after round 1
- 2013 HP Byron Nelson Championship Prizemoney, Purse, Payouts, Winnings, Earnings, Money List &c.
- How to play the golf punch shot in winding playing conditions by GolfbloggerUK
- Golf Shot Visualization - Trouble Recovery Shots, covering how to slice it around a tree
- @Darren Mills - Ha Rang Lee wins Spanish Women's Amateur International Sroke-play Championship Golf in Alicante
- @Andrew Gibson - Dan Waite of The Wisley, Surrey, wins 2013 PGA Europrotour The Motocaddy Masters
- @Jan Blanckaert - Golf Villas for Sale in The Fuzeta Ria Resort, Portugal at €255,000-€260,000
- @Robert - STOWAMATIC Electric Golf Trolley Reduced From £499.99 to £189.99 + Free Shipment