Aberdeenshire Council reject plans for Deeside Golf Development at Inchmarlo Golf Club
Saturday, 19 March 2011
Plans for a £100 million sports and leisure development at Inchmarlo Golf Club at Banchory, Aberdeenshire have been rejected after a meeting of the full Aberdeenshire Council.
Although they were approved just last month by the members of a committee of Aberdeenshire Council, the plans for a £100 million golf and leisure development at Inchmarlo Golf Club have been rejected after a meeting of the full Council.
Both Scottish Enterprise and VisitScotland supported the golf development proposal which included a new Golf clubhouse and restaurant, 75-bed, five-star golf and spa hotel, Nick Nairn Cook School, start-up business enterprise units and 125 houses, including 35 affordable homes, saying that it would boost tourism in the Aberdeenshire area.
Describing the decision as ‘a huge blow’ to the local economy, the golf developers have stated that they will now consider other options.
For more information on Inchmarlo Golf Club, please visit www.inchmarlogolf.com.
Next » Editors Choice
- The Players Championship 2013 Prize money, Payouts, Purse, Winnings, Earnings, Money List &c.
- Scotland's Lloyd Saltman heads 2013 Madeira Open Leaderboard after round 1
- 2013 HP Byron Nelson Championship Prizemoney, Purse, Payouts, Winnings, Earnings, Money List &c.
- How to play the golf punch shot in winding playing conditions by GolfbloggerUK
- Golf Shot Visualization - Trouble Recovery Shots, covering how to slice it around a tree
- @Darren Mills - Ha Rang Lee wins Spanish Women's Amateur International Sroke-play Championship Golf in Alicante
- @Andrew Gibson - Dan Waite of The Wisley, Surrey, wins 2013 PGA Europrotour The Motocaddy Masters
- @Jan Blanckaert - Golf Villas for Sale in The Fuzeta Ria Resort, Portugal at €255,000-€260,000
- @Robert - STOWAMATIC Electric Golf Trolley Reduced From £499.99 to £189.99 + Free Shipment