bookings being accepted for new Castle Golf Course at St Andrews
Saturday, 19 January 2008
St Andrews Links Trust is creating a seventh eighteen hole course to join its portfolio of six courses.
The Castle Course will be a public course, open in the summer of 2008.
For more information or to make a booking call 44 (0) 1334 466666, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Online bookings for the period 28 June to 31 October 2008 can now be made. The course is closed from 1 November 2008 to 31 March 2009. The Castle Course can be booked on its own or as part of the two course policy operating when booking the Old Course.
There is no handicap restriction on The Castle Course. It is not possible to book The Castle Course as a single golfer. Trolleys are permitted but ride-on buggies will not be available on The Castle Course.
Only golfers who are registered disabled with a permanent condition of disability and relevant supporting documentation may request a buggy for use on The Castle Course. The golferâ€™s disability documentation should be provided at the time of booking. Buggies are subject to availability and must be driven by a qualified caddie driver.
Sundays can be pre booked by visitors and locals subject to availability but there are five Sundays restricted to yearly ticket holders only:
27 July 2008
24 August 2008
14 Sept. 2008
28 Sept. 2008
19 October 2008
Saturdays can be pre booked by visitors and locals subject to availability but there are 5 Saturdays restricted to visitors only:
26 July 2008
23 August 2008
13 September 2008
27 September 2008
18 October 2008
For more on advance booking at St Andrews Links click here
Following the coastline east of St Andrews, The Castle Course is two miles from the town centre. Work on the ground began early in 2005.
The designer, David McLay Kidd, creator of Bandon Dunes on the West Coast of America, has created a typical Scottish golf experience. Each hole has a choice of five tees and the course will be playable between about 5300-7200 yards.
Plan of the Castle Course drawn by David McLay Kidd Golf Design. The clubhouse is
situated at the point marked by the red circle.
Aerial photographs of the original landscape in 2004
The Castle Course looking towards St Andrews.
The Castle Course from the westward.
Next » Editors Choice
- The Players Championship 2013 Prize money, Payouts, Purse, Winnings, Earnings, Money List &c.
- 2013 THE PLAYERS Championship Leaderboard is led by Roberto Castro after round 1
- 2013 HP Byron Nelson Championship Prizemoney, Purse, Payouts, Winnings, Earnings, Money List &c.
- How to play the golf punch shot in winding playing conditions by GolfbloggerUK
- Golf Shot Visualization - Trouble Recovery Shots, covering how to slice it around a tree
- @Darren Mills - Ha Rang Lee wins Spanish Women's Amateur International Sroke-play Championship Golf in Alicante
- @Andrew Gibson - Dan Waite of The Wisley, Surrey, wins 2013 PGA Europrotour The Motocaddy Masters
- @Jan Blanckaert - Golf Villas for Sale in The Fuzeta Ria Resort, Portugal at €255,000-€260,000
- @Robert - STOWAMATIC Electric Golf Trolley Reduced From £499.99 to £189.99 + Free Shipment