Cancer Research UK National Charity Golf Event in Seve's Honour This Weekend
Wednesday, 20 July 2011
Thousands of golfers will come together at golf clubs up and down the UK this weekend to compete, fundraise and pay tribute to the great Seve Ballesteros.
Event: National Golf Club Challenge
Supporting: The Seve Ballesteros Foundation, which partners Cancer Research UK
When: 23rd & 24th July 2011(this weekend)
"I have always admired and loved British people. Their support during the toughest match of my life is very special. I am proud to be involved in the National Golf Club Challenge and I hope golf clubs throughout the UK will take part to raise funds for The Seve Ballesteros Foundation, in support of Cancer Research UK. By signing up to the challenge, clubs all over the UK can enjoy the sport while raising money for brain cancer research."
The late Seve Ballesteros speaking in 2010
Under Seve's guidance, The Seve Ballesteros Foundation was set up in 2009 and works in partnership with Cancer Research UK to raise money for the charity's world class research into cancers of the brain.
Next » Editors Choice
- Scotland's Lloyd Saltman heads 2013 Madeira Open Leaderboard after round 1
- 2013 HP Byron Nelson Championship Prizemoney, Purse, Payouts, Winnings, Earnings, Money List &c.
- How to play the golf punch shot in winding playing conditions by GolfbloggerUK
- Golf Shot Visualization - Trouble Recovery Shots, covering how to slice it around a tree
- First Round Tee Times and Pairings for 2013 BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth
- @Darren Mills - Ha Rang Lee wins Spanish Women's Amateur International Sroke-play Championship Golf in Alicante
- @Andrew Gibson - Dan Waite of The Wisley, Surrey, wins 2013 PGA Europrotour The Motocaddy Masters
- @Jan Blanckaert - Golf Villas for Sale in The Fuzeta Ria Resort, Portugal at €255,000-€260,000
- @Robert - STOWAMATIC Electric Golf Trolley Reduced From £499.99 to £189.99 + Free Shipment