Dartmouth Golf & Country Club renovation project improves visiting golf groups' facilities
Tuesday, 15 March 2011
Golf groups visiting Dartmouth Golf & Country Club will soon be able to benefit from their own private bar and terrace overlooking the course.
The resort is currently undergoing a £100,000 renovation of its functions’ facilities and its management were keen to ensure golfers would get maximum benefit from the new layout.
Jamie Waugh, managing director of Dartmouth Golf & Country Club, explained: “We are very popular with golf groups visiting throughout the year and are always on the lookout to improve the facilities we offer them.
“The new suites will provide golf groups of any size with their own dedicated private bar and an unbeatable view of the course where they can watch the final groups coming in.
“It won’t help them play any better out on the course but it will ensure they have the best time possible once they’re back in the clubhouse.”
Work is expected to be completed by the end of March and following this golf groups will be able to request use of the new areas, subject to availability.
The redevelopment will see the creation of two new rooms: the Devonshire Suite and the Dartmouth Suite. The Devonshire will be the larger of the two with a capacity to hold comfortably up to 160 people with provisions for a stage and dance floor, while the Dartmouth will provide a smaller more intimate setting for groups of up to 60.
However, the flexible design and layout of the new facilities ensure they can be adapted and combined as necessary to cater for larger events.
The new layout will have a vibrant, modern feeling throughout with a new contemporary lounge bar area being created to give groups the ideal setting for a reception.
In addition to creating the new rooms, the conference and events centre will be fully refurbished with new carpets and curtains and the private terrace, overlooking the golf course, is set to be fully revamped upon completion of the current work.
The project is the fourth phase of a refurbishment programme carried out over the last two years with the three-star hotel’s bedrooms and the resort’s bar and bistro having already significantly benefited from extensive work following an investment of more than £300,000.
For more information on Dartmouth Golf & Country Club’s conference and events facilities, or to book a function, call 0800 043 1774 or visit www.dgcc.co.uk.
Next » Editors Choice
- 2013 US Open Golf Prizemoney, Purse, Payouts, Winnings, Earnings, Money List &c.
- Top Golf Irons for 2013: Titleist introduce the new 712U Forged Blades
- Gridlock atop of The Queen's Cup 2013 Leaderboard after round 1
- Q: Whats in the Bag of Adam Scott? R: Titleist Golf Equipment
- LIVE GOLF SCORES - 2013 US OPEN GOLF SCOREBOARD
- @Michelle - Inside the Ropes for an Asian Tour Back 9 with Berry Henson from the United States
- @Bona Nhean - Nikon and MasterCard join forces to offer “priceless” golf experience
- @Jack McCullars - Who are the Golf Kings for Golfing Breaks & Holidays in the UK? YGT or Golfbreaks.com?
- @Darren Mills - Ha Rang Lee wins Spanish Women's Amateur International Sroke-play Championship Golf in Alicante