Design MyJoys for your favourite FootJoy ambassadors at the BMW PGA Championship
Tuesday, 29 March 2011
FootJoy, the #1 Shoe and Glove in Golf, is delighted to offer golf fans the opportunity to design a pair of shoes for their favourite FootJoy ambassadors to wear at this year’s BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth, thanks to its popular MyJoys May promotion.
With some of the world’s leading players, such as WGC Matchplay Championship winner Luke Donald participating in the innovative campaign, MyJoys May 2011 looks set to inspire the creative juices of golf fans up and down the country, eager to influence the style of their favourite tour stars as they compete at the European Tour’s flagship event.
The success of last year’s inaugural MyJoys May campaign has led to its evolution for 2011; as fans turn into creators and create MyJoys for the likes of Ryder Cup hero Soren Hansen, World #2 Lee Westwood, and rising star Tano Goya. FootJoy has teamed up with numerous media partners to add to the star-studded line-up, with players such as Luke Donald, Pablo Larrazabal, Gregory Havret, Paul Waring, Ken Ferrie and Gary Boyd also putting their shoe designs in the hands of the golfing consumers. Each player will select their individual favourites to wear in Thursday’s opening round at Wentworth, and not only will the designer win a pair of tickets to the BMW PGA Championship, but will also receive a pair of their very own MyJoys golf shoes.
"Its not often that I get the chance let the public have a hand in creating and selecting a piece of my golf equipment that I will use in tournament play, so its going to be a lot of fun to see the variety of MyJoys designs that people will send in”, commented Lee Westwood, “I'm looking forward to it."
“We are thrilled to involve fans in the creative process for this year’s MyJoys May campaign, which was such an overwhelming success last year. It’s a truly unique way for fans to interact with their favourite tour stars and influence what they wear on the golf course,” commented Richard Fryer, FootJoy’s European Marketing Manager. “I know the players are excited to see what the fans have come up with, and showcase them at one of the biggest events of the golfing year.”
Each of the players has laid out a short design brief on the MyJoys May website www.myjoysmay.co.uk. and fans are free to choose from a multitude of colour and design options to create their entry. The winning designs will be chosen by the players on the 25th April and presented to the player ready for competition.
The MyJoys franchise has been one of golf’s biggest success stories and a significant part of FootJoy’s market leading range of golf shoes. With some of the biggest and brightest names in golf interacting with the MyJoys programme, more and more amateur golfers have been following suit and creating their own unique designs. The concept has proven to be one of the most talked-about products in the golf industry and FootJoy is continuing its support of the MyJoys franchise in order to inspire golfers to take to the fairways in style.
For further information on MyJoys May go to www.myjoysmay.co.uk.
Next » Editors Choice
- Scotland's Lloyd Saltman heads 2013 Madeira Open Leaderboard after round 1
- 2013 HP Byron Nelson Championship Prizemoney, Purse, Payouts, Winnings, Earnings, Money List &c.
- How to play the golf punch shot in winding playing conditions by GolfbloggerUK
- Golf Shot Visualization - Trouble Recovery Shots, covering how to slice it around a tree
- First Round Tee Times and Pairings for 2013 BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth
- @Darren Mills - Ha Rang Lee wins Spanish Women's Amateur International Sroke-play Championship Golf in Alicante
- @Andrew Gibson - Dan Waite of The Wisley, Surrey, wins 2013 PGA Europrotour The Motocaddy Masters
- @Jan Blanckaert - Golf Villas for Sale in The Fuzeta Ria Resort, Portugal at €255,000-€260,000
- @Robert - STOWAMATIC Electric Golf Trolley Reduced From £499.99 to £189.99 + Free Shipment