Elin Nordegren gives an interview to People Magazine on scandal and divorce from Tiger Woods
Wednesday, 1 September 2010
I am most surprised to learn that Elin Nordegren gave a 'one-off' interview to People Magazine, which was perhaps a shot across the bow about what could be revealed if the settlement was not fully to her liking.
Since Tiger Woods' car accident last November, Elin hasn’t spoken to the press, but she shrewdly gave this first interview to People magazine with the headline, “My Own Story.”
In 19 hours over four visits to her rental home in Windermere, Florida, USA, Elin reveals to People Magazine the “emotional roller coaster she’s been on, her life as a mother to Sam, 3, and Charlie, 19 months, and her hopes for the future.”
Elin states within People Magazine,
“I have been through the stages of disbelief and shock, to anger and ultimately grief over the loss of the family I so badly wanted for my children,” she says in the magazine’s latest issue, out just days after her split from Tiger Woods was made official.
The 30-year-old mother of two, who is studying towards a college degree in psychology, says that despite her husband’s betrayal, “I also feel stronger than I ever have. I have confidence in my beliefs, my decisions and myself.”
“My immediate plan is for the kids and me to continue to adjust to our new situation. I am going to keep taking classes, but my main focus is to try to give myself time to heal,” she says.
Elin also told People Magazine that the exclusive would be her first and last interview as she plans to remain a private person.
Tiger and Elin both have a right to a private life and now that this 'one-off' interview has been published, the media will hopefuly for the sake of Tiger, Elin and the chidren, allow them all to settle back into their new routines and rebuild their lives without any unreasonable intrusion.
The Ed., GolfbloggerUK
Next » Editors Choice
- The Players Championship 2013 Prize money, Payouts, Purse, Winnings, Earnings, Money List &c.
- Scotland's Lloyd Saltman heads 2013 Madeira Open Leaderboard after round 1
- 2013 HP Byron Nelson Championship Prizemoney, Purse, Payouts, Winnings, Earnings, Money List &c.
- How to play the golf punch shot in winding playing conditions by GolfbloggerUK
- Golf Shot Visualization - Trouble Recovery Shots, covering how to slice it around a tree
- @Darren Mills - Ha Rang Lee wins Spanish Women's Amateur International Sroke-play Championship Golf in Alicante
- @Andrew Gibson - Dan Waite of The Wisley, Surrey, wins 2013 PGA Europrotour The Motocaddy Masters
- @Jan Blanckaert - Golf Villas for Sale in The Fuzeta Ria Resort, Portugal at €255,000-€260,000
- @Robert - STOWAMATIC Electric Golf Trolley Reduced From £499.99 to £189.99 + Free Shipment