Kevin Kisner leads after 36 holes of the EGOLF Tarheel Tour’s Walnut Creek Open
Wednesday, 15 April 2009
Former Bulldog “All American” Kevin Kisner carded back-to-back scores of 6-under 65 at Walnut Creek Country Club and sits atop the leaderboard at 12-under 130 with one round to play in the EGOLF Tarheel Tour’s Walnut Creek Open in Goldsboro, NC.
Kisner, who hails from Aiken, SC, began his second round on the back nine in a rather benign yet steady fashion with two birdies and six pars in his first eight holes. It wasn’t until a bogey at the short par-4 18th that he realized it was time to get going.
With the PGA Tour’s Qualifying Tournament on the horizon, players on the EGOLF Tarheel Tour are hoping to peak in the coming weeks as the first and second stages loom like a dark reminder of goals to be achieved.
Kisner is not alone in his thoughts about the next level and he is not in a position to even think about it on Friday as a trio of top players sits one shot behind him.
Jeff Curl, Scott Brown and Cory Kaufman each find themselves trailing Kisner by a single shot at 11-under 131 and well in the mix with 18 holes to play.
For Brown, he is eyeing a chance to go toe-to-toe with Kisner in the final round as the two grew up together in the greater-Aiken area and are frequent practice partners on the road. After holding a share of the first-round lead, Brown carded a 4-under 67 amidst cloudy conditions and an occasional sprinkle on Thursday and will look to enter the winner’s circle for the first time in 2008 after capturing two titles on the EGOLF Tarheel Tour in 2007.The 36-hole cut fell at 2-under 140 with 60 players making it to Friday’s final round. Those players will be competing for their share of the $150,000 purse and a winner’s check of $26,000.
The final round will begin at 8:30 AM off of Nos. 1 and 10. The tournament is open to the public and free of charge.
Please see the 2nd round results from the EGOLF Tarheel Tour’s Walnut Creek Open attached below:
1. Kevin Kisner, Aiken, SC, *65-65-130 -12
2. Jeff Curl, Ellington, CT, *67-64-131 -11
2. Scott Brown, North Augusta, SC, *64-67-131 -11
2. Cory Kaufman, Bluffton, SC, *66-65-131 -11
5. Chip Deason, Roswell, GA, *64-68-132 -10
6. Stephen Poole, Aiken, SC, *68-65-133 -9
6. Fernando Mechereffe, Charlotte, NC, *65-68-133 -9
6. Jonas Enander Hedin, Sweden, *66-67-133 -9
6. Chris Rogers, Franklin, TN, *66-67-133 -9
10. Andrew Parr, Canada, *68-66-134 -8
10. James Pettitt Jr., Murfreesboro, TN, *69-65-134 -8
10. Bryant Odom, St Simons Island, GA, *69-65-134 -8
13. Tyler Brown, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, *66-69-135 -7
13. Jamie Bowen, Dawsonville, GA, *68-67-135 -7
13. Luke List, Reston, VA, *65-70-135 -7
13. Lee Stroever, Jupiter, FL, *68-67-135 -7
13. Andy Bare, Jacksonville, FL, *69-66-135 -7