Reynolds Plantation Named Georgia's Golf Course of the Year 2007
Monday, 27 August 2007
â€œReynolds Plantation meets and exceeds our criteria for course of the year,â€ says Cindy Acree, executive director of the GGCOA.Â â€œWe are proud to have Reynolds Plantation here in Georgia, and to have Reynolds represent Georgia as our nominee for National Course of the Year.â€
â€œWe are honored to be chosen for this award,â€ commented Bob Mauragas, vice president of golf operations at Reynolds Plantation.Â â€œThis selection is really a testament to the whole community â€“ golf operations, our executive staff, our employees and members all contribute to make Reynolds Plantation the top golf community in Georgia.â€
Reynolds Plantation and its Oconee Course will be on display September 21-23 when they host the PGA Cup, the premier international competition for PGA Professionals.
About Reynolds Plantation
Reynolds Plantation, along with Reynolds Landing and Achasta, is a Linger Longer Community, providing an award-winning lifestyle with world-class amenities.Â Named the â€œBest of the Bestâ€ Golf Community by the Robb Report and the community with the â€œBest Golfâ€ by GOLF MAGAZINE Living, Reynolds Plantation, located between Atlanta and Augusta, is a 10,000-acre golf and lake community with more than 80 miles of shoreline on Lake Oconee.Â Reynolds Plantation features 99 holes of championship golf from designers Bob Cupp, Jack Nicklaus, Tom Fazio, Rees Jones and a members-only course designed by Jim Engh.Â Reynolds Plantation is also home to The Reynolds Golf Academy, led by GOLF MAGAZINE Top 100 Instructor Charlie King, and the TaylorMade Performance Lab.Â The community offers members a variety of dining options, swimming pools, pedestrian trails, three full-service marinas and the Lake Club wellness campus and Tennis Center.Â Golf Digest and Golf for Women chose Reynolds Plantation as the site of the 2007 Signature Home, their first-ever â€œultimate home for a golfer,â€ and Southern Living unveiled its Idea House at Reynolds Plantation in the summer of 2007. Reynolds Plantation is also home to the AAA Five Diamond Award-winning Ritz-Carlton Lodge, a 251-room lakefront resort and spa ranked No. 5 in the â€œTop 100 Golf Resortsâ€ worldwide by Conde Nast Traveler Magazine.Â For more information, call 800-800-5250 or visit www.reynoldsplantation.com .
Next » Editors Choice
- The Players Championship 2013 Prize money, Payouts, Purse, Winnings, Earnings, Money List &c.
- Scotland's Lloyd Saltman heads 2013 Madeira Open Leaderboard after round 1
- 2013 HP Byron Nelson Championship Prizemoney, Purse, Payouts, Winnings, Earnings, Money List &c.
- How to play the golf punch shot in winding playing conditions by GolfbloggerUK
- Golf Shot Visualization - Trouble Recovery Shots, covering how to slice it around a tree
- @Darren Mills - Ha Rang Lee wins Spanish Women's Amateur International Sroke-play Championship Golf in Alicante
- @Andrew Gibson - Dan Waite of The Wisley, Surrey, wins 2013 PGA Europrotour The Motocaddy Masters
- @Jan Blanckaert - Golf Villas for Sale in The Fuzeta Ria Resort, Portugal at €255,000-€260,000
- @Robert - STOWAMATIC Electric Golf Trolley Reduced From £499.99 to £189.99 + Free Shipment