Success of Club Players in the Crown Golf Champion of Champions 2011
Wednesday, 5 October 2011
A field of 110 of the most successful players from 25 of Crown Golf’s portfolio of 28 golf clubs has taken part in the annual “Crown Golf Champion of Champions” tournament.
On 24th September, Crown Golf’s South Winchester Golf Club, in Hampshire, opened its doors to the winners of the Men’s Nett and Gross Club Champions, the Ladies Nett and Gross, Seniors Nett and Juniors Nett Champions from all of Crown Golf’s clubs nationally. The overall winner was ‘crowned’ the Crown Golf Champion of Champions.
It was the eleventh time that Crown Golf has held its Champion of Champions event. The day is much-anticipated by club champions, as there is always highly competitive golf, and first class hospitality.
With ages ranging from 12 - 75 years, the field was wide open, though the “bookies’ favourite” was local player, Paul Neilson, playing off +1, with a home advantage. Neilson went on to win the competition for Best Gross Score, with a round of 71, but the eventual winner, and Crown Golf Champion of Champions, was Barbara Lewis from The Bristol Golf Club. The 58-year old scored a nett 69 and won on countback against three other people.
Nick Moran, Sales & Marketing Director of Crown Golf, who attended the day said: “Every year, we see great golf at the Champion of Champions tournament. This year was no exception, and we had the added bonus of fantastic early autumn weather.
“It was great to be able to enjoy the company of so many of our members from different clubs at the event, and for them to meet players from other Crown clubs. Some competitors had travelled from as far away as Cornwall, and it was a testament to their dedication to the game that they came such a long distance.
Stephen Lewis, CEO of Crown Golf added: “Thanks must go to the small army of South Winchester Golf Club’s members, who supported the event, and to the Captains, who helped organise the day so well. The management team at South Winchester also worked tremendously hard to ensure the smooth-running of both the sporting and social sides of the event.
“We look forward to the 2012 Crown Golf Champion of Champions event, which will be held at Sherfield Oaks Golf Club in Hampshire.”
Next » Editors Choice
- Scotland's Lloyd Saltman heads 2013 Madeira Open Leaderboard after round 1
- 2013 HP Byron Nelson Championship Prizemoney, Purse, Payouts, Winnings, Earnings, Money List &c.
- How to play the golf punch shot in winding playing conditions by GolfbloggerUK
- Golf Shot Visualization - Trouble Recovery Shots, covering how to slice it around a tree
- First Round Tee Times and Pairings for 2013 BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth
- @Darren Mills - Ha Rang Lee wins Spanish Women's Amateur International Sroke-play Championship Golf in Alicante
- @Andrew Gibson - Dan Waite of The Wisley, Surrey, wins 2013 PGA Europrotour The Motocaddy Masters
- @Jan Blanckaert - Golf Villas for Sale in The Fuzeta Ria Resort, Portugal at €255,000-€260,000
- @Robert - STOWAMATIC Electric Golf Trolley Reduced From £499.99 to £189.99 + Free Shipment