The LPGA Futures Tour to honor the EWGA (Executive Women’s Golf Association)
Saturday, 2 April 2011
The LPGA Futures Tour will honor the EWGA (Executive Women’s Golf Association) on Sunday, April 3, as the recipient of the 2010 Trainor Award. The award will be presented following the final round of the Daytona Beach Invitational.
The Futures Tour established the Trainor Award in 1999, in honor of its founder and former president, Eloise Trainor, who retired in 1999. In the spirit of Trainor, who operated the tour for 20 years, the annual Trainor Award is presented to an individual or group that has made a significant contribution to women's golf.
Accepting the award on behalf of the EWGA will be chief executive officer Pam Swensen, who will be present this Sunday at LPGA International in Daytona Beach to represent the association.
"The EWGA’s contributions to women’s golf have been significant,” said Zayra F. Calderon, CEO of the LPGA Futures Tour. “The organization has attracted and impacted women golfers of all ages and skill levels throughout the United States. Many women business executives who would not have ordinarily participated in sports have embraced golf because of the EWGA."
Founded in 1991, the tax-exempt association has enabled more than 100,000 women to “learn, play and enjoy golf for business and for fun.” The EWGA boasts more than 120 chapters throughout the United States and Canada. Over the last eight years, EWGA chapters and the EWGA Foundation have donated more than $450,000 to LPGA-USGA Girls Golf – making the EWGA one of the largest single contributors to the program benefiting girls in the sport.
“We greatly appreciate this honor from the LPGA Futures Tour,” said Swensen, who has served as the EWGA’s CEO since 2006. “This year marks the 20th anniversary of the EWGA and during that time, our association has enriched the lives of thousands of women through the game of golf.
“We serve as a portal for bringing and keeping women involved in the game,” added Swensen. “Our members are good stewards for the sport and we also have a long tradition of giving back, as demonstrated by our ongoing support for the LPGA-USGA Girls Golf program.”
Effective this season, all current EWGA members may show valid 2011 EWGA membership cards and receive free admission to LPGA Futures Tour tournaments held in the United States.
Next » Editors Choice
- The Players Championship 2013 Prize money, Payouts, Purse, Winnings, Earnings, Money List &c.
- 2013 THE PLAYERS Championship Leaderboard is led by Roberto Castro after round 1
- How to play the golf punch shot in winding playing conditions by GolfbloggerUK
- Golf Shot Visualization - Trouble Recovery Shots, covering how to slice it around a tree
- A taste of the 2013 BMW PGA Championship comes to London
- @Darren Mills - Ha Rang Lee wins Spanish Women's Amateur International Sroke-play Championship Golf in Alicante
- @Andrew Gibson - Dan Waite of The Wisley, Surrey, wins 2013 PGA Europrotour The Motocaddy Masters
- @Jan Blanckaert - Golf Villas for Sale in The Fuzeta Ria Resort, Portugal at €255,000-€260,000
- @Robert - STOWAMATIC Electric Golf Trolley Reduced From £499.99 to £189.99 + Free Shipment