The Scratch Players World Amateur Ranking (SPWAR) implements ranking change
Wednesday, 8 June 2011
The Scratch Players World Amateur Ranking (SPWAR) has implemented a ranking compilation method change.
This adjustment became effective June 6.
SPWAR points awarded were previously aged (eroded) in semi-annual increments.
Such points aging is now quarterly.
Max variance of ranking position within top 200 before & after adjustment was less than 35 spots.
Most players moved up or down 5 or fewer spots in the SPWAR.
SPWAR has always covered last 2 years and is the only world am ranking for more than 1 year.
SPWAR and OWGR (pros) both cover last 2 years and age points at least quarterly.
No other attempt at a world amateur ranking ages points.
SPWAR has aged points since January 1 of 2008.
Ranking now increases emphasis on “what have you done lately”.
Finishes up to 2 years old still have value but at a reduced level.
Ranking will be slightly more “volatile” than previously.
The SPWAR also now lists more ranked players as points cut off was reduced (20 to 10).
SPWAR has always listed more amateurs than any other ranking worldwide.
The SPWAR currently website lists over 5800 amateurs.
Over 2000 others with at least 1 point remain unlisted.
There are over 8000 amateurs in the ranking database.
No other ranking of golfers at any level is even close.
For an in-depth explanation of the SPWAR, see www.scratchplayers.org/ranking.news.description.html.
The SPWAR remains:
- the most accurate ranking of amateurs in golf history
- the first world amateur ranking ever seriously contemplated
- the first world amateur ranking ever launched
- the largest ranking of golfers, pro or amateur, ever created (over 8000 current amateurs, over 3000 events covered)
- the most timely updated ranking of golfers, pro or amateur, ever to exist
- the most timely amateur ranking to eliminate those turning professional
- most accurate event weighting ever compiled in amateur golf history
- the only world amateur ranking utilizing points aging
- the only world amateur ranking including events over a year old (last 2 years)
- the world amateur ranking of choice among most of the top amateurs in the world
- the world amateur ranking of choice among all top non-USGA amateur events in the USA
+ Scratch Players World Amateur Golf Rankings
Next » Editors Choice
- Scotland's Lloyd Saltman heads 2013 Madeira Open Leaderboard after round 1
- 2013 HP Byron Nelson Championship Prizemoney, Purse, Payouts, Winnings, Earnings, Money List &c.
- How to play the golf punch shot in winding playing conditions by GolfbloggerUK
- Golf Shot Visualization - Trouble Recovery Shots, covering how to slice it around a tree
- First Round Tee Times and Pairings for 2013 BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth
- @Darren Mills - Ha Rang Lee wins Spanish Women's Amateur International Sroke-play Championship Golf in Alicante
- @Andrew Gibson - Dan Waite of The Wisley, Surrey, wins 2013 PGA Europrotour The Motocaddy Masters
- @Jan Blanckaert - Golf Villas for Sale in The Fuzeta Ria Resort, Portugal at €255,000-€260,000
- @Robert - STOWAMATIC Electric Golf Trolley Reduced From £499.99 to £189.99 + Free Shipment