Titleist Pro V1 Golf Ball records Magnificent Seven Weekend on World Golf Tours
Thursday, 21 October 2010
In a busy week for golf on professional tours around the world, one fact remained constant across all country divides. The Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x were the most used golf balls, and the golf ball models that saw seven Titleist loyalists claim victory.
Padraig Harrington was one Titleist golf ball loyalist to claim an impressive victory, putting a prototype Pro V1x into play after collecting samples at the Dunhill Links Championship in St. Andrews last week. Harrington claimed victory by three shots from Titleist Brand Ambassador Noh Seung Yul to win the 2010 Iskandar Johor Open in Malaysia, marking the first win for the new prototype Pro V1x ball and his third career Asian Tour win.
Richard Green trusted the Pro V1x to win a dramatic Portugal Masters on the European Tour with an immaculate final round 65. The left handed Australian finished with an impressive 18-under par total of 270 for a 2-stroke winning margin. Titleist Brand Ambassador, Robert Karlsson (Pro V1x) and Pro V1 loyalist Joost Luiten finished tied second alongside two others, two shots behind Green. Titleist was the golf ball of choice at the Portugal Masters with 69 players, compared to 24 for the nearest competitor.
On the PGA Tour, Rocco Mediate (Pro V1x) claimed the Frys.com Open in style, holing 4 shots for eagle (including one hole in one) from outside 100 yards throughout the week. Mediate claimed his 6th Tour title despite a closing 73, finishing on a 15 under total of 269. The popular 47 year old edged out Titleist Brand Ambassador Bo Van Pelt (new Pro V1 prototype) and Alex Prugh (Pro V1x) who tied for second on 14-under par. Titleist Brand Ambassador Rickie Fowler (Pro V1x) finished alone in fourth, a further shot back. Titleist was the overwhelming golf ball of choice at the Frys.com Open with 88 players, including 11 new Pro V1 and 9 new Pro V1x prototypes in play in its second week on Tour.
Elsewhere, on the Nationwide Tour Pro V1x loyalist Jason Gore (Pro V1x) set a Nationwide Tour record when he won the Miccosukee Championship. The victory was the seventh of Jason's career, more than anyone in the Tour's 21-year history. Beatriz Recari (Pro V1) won her first career tournament on the LPGA Tour as Titleist took a clean sweep of the top 5 finishers at the event. There were further wins for Titleist Brand Ambassadors Kyung-tae Kim (Pro V1x) on the Japan Tour and Justin Harding (Pro V1x), who claimed his maiden career title at the Vodacom Business Origins of Golf Final in his rookie season on the South African Tour. On the Korean Tour, DaeSub Kim (Pro V1) shot a final round 2-under 70 to complete a wire-to-wire victory at the Pine Beach Open capping off a remarkable week for the #1 Ball in Golf. These victories take Titleist’s 2010 worldwide golf ball win count to 122, over 100 more than the nearest competitor with 21.
The first victory for the new prototype Pro V1x, as well as wins across six worldwide Professional Tours by Titleist golf ball loyalists, continues to prove that the world’s best players opt for the matchless performance of Titleist.
Next » Editors Choice
- Scotland's Lloyd Saltman heads 2013 Madeira Open Leaderboard after round 1
- 2013 HP Byron Nelson Championship Prizemoney, Purse, Payouts, Winnings, Earnings, Money List &c.
- How to play the golf punch shot in winding playing conditions by GolfbloggerUK
- Golf Shot Visualization - Trouble Recovery Shots, covering how to slice it around a tree
- First Round Tee Times and Pairings for 2013 BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth
- @Darren Mills - Ha Rang Lee wins Spanish Women's Amateur International Sroke-play Championship Golf in Alicante
- @Andrew Gibson - Dan Waite of The Wisley, Surrey, wins 2013 PGA Europrotour The Motocaddy Masters
- @Jan Blanckaert - Golf Villas for Sale in The Fuzeta Ria Resort, Portugal at €255,000-€260,000
- @Robert - STOWAMATIC Electric Golf Trolley Reduced From £499.99 to £189.99 + Free Shipment